Ministry Session Process (Pt. 1) – Overview
This article is a three part series supported by several videos.
The task set before the ministry facilitator is to determine where the person is on the “map” and ask the specified questions assigned to each location. If you know where the person is on the ‘MAP” then you will always know exactly what question to ask. Since the ministry process is very systematic and predictable, it is easy to determine if a ministry facilitator is following TPM protocol or doing something else.
There is little to no room for getting off course once you understand the process and the intent of the questions. Unless something the person believes “hinders” him from moving forward, he will move through the five primary boxes; EMOTION, MEMORY, BELIEF, TRUTH and TRANSFORMATION. If forward motion is hindered (which is common) then the person will be either in the ANGER or SOLUTION Box.
Every session is fundamentally identical as they each flow through the same predictable process stages.
- Every person begins with emotion in the EMOTION Box where they should connect with what they are feeling and allow their minds to associate them to any related memory. The ministry facilitator (the Mentor) should not send them on a memory hunt, but only ask them to focus on what they are feeling (by asking the second question in the EMOTION Box) and allow association to work as it was designed by God to function.
- Unless the person is engaged in a “solution” that hinders him from remembering, feeling or moving forward, a memory should naturally come to mind without effort.
- Every person will eventually move to the MEMORY Box, where they may identify their current lie-based BELIEF, discover how they came to believe the lie they believe and why they feel what they feel.
- Once their lie-based core belief is identified, it is brought into the TRUTH Box where it is presented to the Lord for His perspective.
- Without any further discussion or dialogue between the ministry facilitator and the person being prayed with (referred to as the Mentee), the session moves directly to the TRANSFORMATION Box to determine if transformation has taken place. This testing is accomplished in the TRANSFORMATION Box by asking the TRANSFORMATION Box Question. The only test we have to be certain that the person has received truth is whether the lie still feels true or not and NOT whether the person feels better.
Since the facilitator is following the person throughout the process, all he needs to know is which “box” the person is in to know which questions to ask. The questions are only asked when the person has move to the specific location or box in the process. The questions are never asked as an attempt to get the person to move in any direction. Anytime the facilitator does anything to move the session in any direction he may believe it should go, he is no longer doing TPM. If the facilitator finds himself wanting to come up with his own questions, then he probably does not understand the process and may want to revisit the training.
click here to learn how to download a copy of this video
TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THIS VIDEO, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Click the “Vimeo” logo found at the bottom-right of the video player (above).
This will take you to the video’s Vimeo page.
- Click the “Download” button found under the video on its Vimeo page.
This will open a pop-up box.
- Select the video quality you would like to download (remember, higher quality = larger file size).
After selecting which version you would like to download, you may be asked where you would like to save it.